NopeaRide is a ride-hailing company that is unique and a first-mover because it runs 100% electric cars in Nairobi. The brand and service is owned and operated by EkoRent which established and launched an all-electric taxi service – NopeaRide – in Nairobi in 2018. EkoRent is now focused on solving traffic problems in rapidly developing African cities and is seeking to deliver clean transport for more people in Nairobi and in other cities across the region.
EkoRent wishes to implement Nopea Solar Hub for the electric vehicle (EV) taxi service NopeaRide. The new solar charging hub will consist of an EV parking and battery charging area, with 161 kWp solar PV panels on the roof. The clean energy produced has the potential to power up to 1.4 million kilometers with lower operating expenses, enabling EkoRent to increase the number of NopeaRide drivers and expand its serving radius.
EkoRent now invites Expression of Interest from eligible Firms EPC (Engineering, Procurement and Construction) Contractors who are able to demonstrate both technical and financial capability for the Financing, Design and Construction of the Nopea Solar Hub.
The interested parties should demonstrate ability to:
- Able to finance, design, build and operationalize the Solar PV system through safe and best construction engineering practices.
- Provide and propose suitable financing structures to realize the project to completion on EPC
- Demonstrate financial capability to finance the project up to commissioning stage (full financial guarantee will be provided). Also, provide audited financial statements/accounts for the last 3 years.
- Be responsible for any permitting requirements pertaining to implementation of the project
- Interested and eligible firms SHALL provide the following information and certified copies of documents to support the information given:
- Certificate of Incorporation /Registration
- Certificate of Registration by the relevant Professional body.
- Business Permit where applicable
- Tax Compliance Certificate
- VAT Registration Certificate / Pin Certificate
- Audited accounts for the last 3 years
- Company Profile for Key managers, Consultants and Directors
- Company Brochures
- At least 5 years’ experience with verifiable reference sites and have experience in design and build of Solar Photovoltaic systems and
- projects of value of at least US $ 150, 000
- Provide details of previous projects indicating their location, capacity, year of completion and cost of project.
- Experience of working in Kenya
General Information and Notice
- Any information provided by the bidding party will form the basis of any contract that may be entered into between EkoRent and the bidder pertaining to this EOI.
- EkoRent shall not be liable for or be required to pay any costs, expenses or losses that may be incurred by the bidding party in the preparation of their EOI.
- EkoRent reserves the right to accept or reject any bid without assigning any reasons thereof.
Expression of Interest (EOI) clearly marked with the Ref number and clearly marked DESIGN AND BUILD OF A SOLAR CHARGING HUB FOR NOPEA EV’S AT STRATHMORE UNIVERSITY and no other markings, must be emailed to “firstname.lastname@example.org” on or before 7th April 2022 at 11:00am.
SOLAR PROJECT MANAGER